Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy one dish meal with a creamy pesto sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 17 5⁄8 ounces gnocchi
- 1 ounce fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup arugula
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, julienne cut
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion and sausage, seasoning the meat with salt and pepper as desired. As you saute, break the sausage into small bite size pieces with your spoon.
- In the meantime, boil water in a pot to cook the gnocchi according to package instructions (probably 2-3 minutes or until the pasta floats). Remove from the heat.
- In a blender, blend together the basil (leaves only), 1/2 cup of water from the gnocchi pot, 1/2 cup olive oil and half and half.
- Drain the gnocchi.
- When the sausage is fully cooked, add the drained gnocchi and blender sauce to the skillet as well as the arugula and sundried tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and stir until the arugula wilts. Remove from heat and serve.
Loved the creamy sauce and the sun dried tomatoes were a great touch. Everyone loved this dish, thanks so much and good luck in the contest!
Gnocchi Con Salsicce, Rucola E Pomodoro Secc (Gnocchi with sausage, arugula and sun-dried tomatoes). For this RSC #16 contest this is one of three recipes I had decided to try and review. Since I am single, I halved the recipe and it came out very good. I had never tried Gnocchi before and bought the fresh spinach version; I can see that Gnocchi is popular & with many variations. Using sausage, sun-dried tomatoes and half and half helped this dish along. And even though I am not a fan of Gnocchi (after trying it for the first time) the recipe deserves 5 stars!
I really enjoyed this! Never made a gnocchi recipe before. I used fat free half-and-half so it was creamy without being too rich.