Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Small Italian potatoe dumplings with leek and Gorgonzola, easy to make, highly enjoyable. Serves 2 as main, 4 as starter.
- 500 g gnocchi (home made or ready made)
- 400 g leeks (cut in half lengthwise, rinsed and chopped in small semi-rings)
- 150 g gorgonzola (crumbled)
- 100 g cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh and chopped)
- 1 pinch vegetable stock powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 25 -50 ml milk
- salt and pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- Prepare i.e rinse leek to eventually get rid of sand between layers and chop in medium fine half rings.
- Melt butter in a pan and add minced/chopped garlic and leek.
- Let leek/garlic fry at medium heat until soft and fragrant.
- Add a genrous pinch of vegetable bouillon powder and stir thoroughly.
- Pour milk over leek and add cream cheese. Stir until cheese has dissolved.
- Now it's time to add the Gorgonzola crumbles, stir and let cheese melt.
- Now the water's supposed to boil, add potatoe Gnocchi and let boil/simmer until they move to the surface. Drain and add to Gorgonzola/Leek sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste and add parsley.
- Sprinkle with roasted, chopped walnuts and/or Parmesan if you like.