Small Italian potatoe dumplings with leek and Gorgonzola, easy to make, highly enjoyable. Serves 2 as main, 4 as starter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g gnocchi (home made or ready made)
- 400 g leeks (cut in half lengthwise, rinsed and chopped in small semi-rings)
- 150 g gorgonzola (crumbled)
- 100 g cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh and chopped)
- 1 pinch vegetable stock powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 25 -50 ml milk
- salt and pepper
- 1Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- 2Prepare i.e rinse leek to eventually get rid of sand between layers and chop in medium fine half rings.
- 3Melt butter in a pan and add minced/chopped garlic and leek.
- 4Let leek/garlic fry at medium heat until soft and fragrant.
- 5Add a genrous pinch of vegetable bouillon powder and stir thoroughly.
- 6Pour milk over leek and add cream cheese. Stir until cheese has dissolved.
- 7Now it's time to add the Gorgonzola crumbles, stir and let cheese melt.
- 8Now the water's supposed to boil, add potatoe Gnocchi and let boil/simmer until they move to the surface. Drain and add to Gorgonzola/Leek sauce.
- 9Salt and pepper to taste and add parsley.
- 10Sprinkle with roasted, chopped walnuts and/or Parmesan if you like.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gnocchi Con Porro E Gorgonzola
Serving Size: 1 (695 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1240.3
- Calories from Fat 820
- Total Fat 91.1 g
- Saturated Fat 55.4 g
- Cholesterol 256.8 mg
- Sodium 2613.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 45.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock powder