From the Australian Magazine Super Food Ideas. The recipe uses Swiss cheese, but I used a mix of tasty, Parmesan and mozzarella. Even my husband who claims not to like gnocchi enjoyed this,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200c. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat; add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- 2Add beef and cook, stirring to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- 3Add pasta sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- 5Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook gnocchi partially (about 3 minutes should do) then drain. Gnocchi will finish cooking in the oven!
- 6Spoon meat sauce into a baking dish (6cm deep, 24X30cm base).
- 7Top with gnocchi, sprinkle with cheese, then bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and browning and sauce bubbling at edges.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gnocchi Bolognese Bake
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.0
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 104.2 mg
- Sodium 612.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: