Recipe by bPi
A simple beans and greens with Gnocchi - Pretty close to what I found in a fancy Italian restaurant nearby, except I didn't have exactly what they used on hand... escarole and such... I still like it, though I think I may need to add some more liquids as it's pretty dense.
- 16 ounces frozen spinach
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces garbanzo beans
- 5 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pan fry Spinach in 2 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine until soft.
- Melt remaining Butter or Margarine over low heat.
- Mince Garlic into melted Butter or Margarine and allow to simmer.
- Add Garbanzo Beans to Butter mixture and stir semi-frequently.
- Boil Gnocchi to desired doneness and drain.
- Add Gnocchi and Garbanzo Bean mixture to Spinach, stir, and reduce heat to warm.
- Add Parmasean Cheese, Salt, and Pepper.
- Cover for 2 minutes.