1/4 Photos of Gnocchi Bake With Pancetta and Red Onion
This is easy to make and yet tastes fabulous! As always, good quality mascarpone will yield a much richer flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta, cubed
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 lb fresh gnocchi
- 8 -10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup white breadcrumb
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- 2Heat the oil in a skillet and add the pancetta. Cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- 3Add the red onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for a further 5 minutes, or until the pancetta is cooked and the onion softened.
- 4Stir in the chopped tomatoes, sun-dried tomato paste, and mascarpone cheese. Simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi for 1-2 minutes, until they rise to the surface. Do not overcook.
- 6Drain the gnocchi thoroughly and place in a large ovenproof dish (I use a 10x6).
- 7Add the chopped basil to the pancetta sauce mixture and stir. Pour the sauce over the gnocchi and toss gently to coat it.
- 8Combine the grated cheese with the breadcrumbs and scatter over the gnocchi.
- 9Cook in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
- 10Serve hot and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gnocchi Bake With Pancetta and Red Onion
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.4
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 471.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: