Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
a sofie original, very fast yet fancy meal
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2⁄3 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup water, reserved from gnocchi pot
- fresh cracked pepper
- Cook gnocchi according to the package instructions and salt the water. Be sure to reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid before you drain.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the garlic and saute for 1 minute (stirring constantly. Add the cooked and drained gnocchi and peas, top with parmesan, and cooking liquid. Stir until nice and creamy. Add 1 T of sage and reduce heat to a low simmer and allow the liquid to reduce (about 3-4 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the remaining sage as a garnish on top.