Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy pasta from potatoes presented on ATK. Can't wait to try this!
Make and share this Gnocchi (America's Test Kitchen) recipe from Food.com.
- Bake potatoes in the microwave for 10 minutes followed by 15-20 minutes in 450 F oven until tender.
- Peel potatoes while still hot and rice. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, add 1 beaten egg to potatoes.
- Add 4 ounces of flour and salt. Mix with fork.
- Pat the dough together to form a smooth, loose dough.
- Knead for 1 minute.
- Divide in to 8 parts and roll out each part in long ropes.
- Cut gnocchi into 3/4 inch long pieces. Roll cut side on back of fork gently.
- Cook in boiling water for seasoned with salt for 90 seconds or onto gnocchi floats for 30 seconds.
I have a feeling it takes lots of practice to make good-looking gnocchi! This recipe is good as far as the ingredients go. Unfortunately, the dough turned out a bit too loose and after boiling, the gnocchi was a bit waterlogged. After cooking all the gnocchi, I searched the internet for the original recipe and found where it all went wrong. The original recipe calls for kneading on a floured surface, as well as rolling on a floured surface. Then, floured hands, if necessary, when forming. The original ATK recipe states the dough should be slightly sticky, not loose. I will definitely make these again, but use flour in the steps indicated.