Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 12 mins
Another recipe from one of my favorite chefs, Giada De Laurentiis. Not as difficult to prepare as the gnocchi I am used to having. Can't wait to try this one! I have included the 1 hour of inactive prep time in the cooking time.
- Lightly oil a small baking sheet.
- Whisk the stock, semolina flour, and salt in a heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat until the mixture bubbles and is very thick, about 10 minute.
- Beat the egg in a large bowl.
- Gradually beat the semolina mixture into the egg.
- Transfer the gnocchi mixture to the prepared baking sheet, spreading it to form a 1/2-inch thick layer.
- Cover and refrigerate until the gnocchi mixture is cold and firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Generously butter a 10-inch diameter gratin dish.
- Using a 2" cookie cutter, cut out rounds from the gnocchi mixture.
- Arrange the gnocchi in the prepared baking/gratin dish, overlapping slightly.
- Brush the remaining butter over the gnocchi.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and pepper, if desired.
- Broil until the gnocchi are heated through and beginning to brown, about 6 minute.