From Mario Batali, "Simple Italian Food"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 defrees. Butter a jelly roll pan that has 3/4 inches sides.
- 2In a 3 to 4 quart sauce pan, heat the milk, salt, and 6 Tbs of the butter nearly to the boiling point over medium heat.
- 3Whisking vigorously, add the semolina in a thin stream and cook for about a minute, switching to a wooden spoon as the batter thickens.
- 4Remove from the heat and stir 1/2 cup of the grated cheese, then beat in the egg yolks. Working quickly pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread to a thicknes off 1/2 inch. Allow to cool and cover with plastic until ready to cook.
- 5Using a 3-inch diameter water glass, cut a rows of rounds across the sheet.
- 6Arrangein a well buttered baking dish. If there is any butter left, mealt it and pour on top of gnocchis. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of grated cheese. Place in the oven and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until the top is light golden brown. Remove and serve inmediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gnocchi Alla Romana
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.1
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 289.8 mg
- Sodium 1021.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 21.5 g