Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Mario Batali, "Simple Italian Food"
Make and share this Gnocchi Alla Romana recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 425 defrees. Butter a jelly roll pan that has 3/4 inches sides.
- In a 3 to 4 quart sauce pan, heat the milk, salt, and 6 Tbs of the butter nearly to the boiling point over medium heat.
- Whisking vigorously, add the semolina in a thin stream and cook for about a minute, switching to a wooden spoon as the batter thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir 1/2 cup of the grated cheese, then beat in the egg yolks. Working quickly pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread to a thicknes off 1/2 inch. Allow to cool and cover with plastic until ready to cook.
- Using a 3-inch diameter water glass, cut a rows of rounds across the sheet.
- Arrangein a well buttered baking dish. If there is any butter left, mealt it and pour on top of gnocchis. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of grated cheese. Place in the oven and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until the top is light golden brown. Remove and serve inmediately.
great recipe, we enjoyed this, I used full-fat milk and seasoned salt, thanks MsPia!...Kitten