Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lemon Gnocchi with Spinach and Peas
- 1 cup frozen baby peas (not thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 3 cups Baby Spinach (3 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs gnocchi (preferably De Cecco)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Simmer peas with cream, red-pepper flakes, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a 12-inch heavy skillet, covered, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook over medium-low heat, uncovered, stirring, until wilted. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (3 tablespoons salt for 6 quarts water) until 'al dente'. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain gnocchi.
- Add gnocchi to sauce with parmesan cheese and some of reserved cooking water and stir to coat. Thin with additional cooking water if necessary.
Delicious, I made this with my recipe#338498 did a few amount adjustments and added in cayenne pepper, salt and fresh ground black epper, loved this dish thanks for sharing MsPia
Very easy to make and would be suitable for a casual lunch