Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a creamy dish. It goes well with the gnocchi. Use as a main course or side dish. You could use the sauce on other types of pasta too.
- Put crumbled gorgazola into bowl with melted butter and a pinch of pepper.
- Blend with a wooden spoon until creamy.
- Stir in parmesan and heated cream.
- Keep sauce warm.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil.
- Add gnocchi carefully to boiling water.
- Stir and cook briskly.
- When they come to surface, remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to bowl with the sauce.
- Stir well to coat gnocchi with sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Oh this is divine!!! We went out to eat one night and I had a gnocchi dish with a 3 cheese sauce that I have been trying to duplicate. After having this... I'm going to scratch my prior attempt! This was so awesome! The flavor is just perfect for this dish! Thank you for posting!
This recipe is out of this world! The gorgonzola sauce has a nice creamy texture and consistency that holds to the gnocci perfectly. The amount of gorgonzola called for is right on and incredibly flavorful without being overpowering. I have been looking for a cream sauce with gorgonzola cheese to add to my recipe box, and this one is it.
Extremely simple and quick. I made the sauce on the stovetop in the same pan I had melted the butter, so it melted nicely. I also added fresh basil. I upped the gorgonzola to 1/3 just for kicks. The sauce coated my gnocchi really well. The second time I made it, I added a tblspn of tomato paste because I had a can I had to finish. This was also fantastic, but if you decide to go in the tomato direction, add a bit of nutmeg.