Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yum! That is all!
Make and share this Gnocchi recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (cold)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix into a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead 20 times.
- Divide dough into fourths and roll each quarter into a 12 inch long rope.
- Cut each rope into ½ inch pieces, and set on a floured surface.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Roll each piece of dough across the tines of a fork to get groves on it and drop it into the pot of water.
- Cook gnocchi until it floats to the top.
- Drain and serve.
I used whole wheat flour and they turned out great. Make sure you take them out of the water right when they start floating or they will be soggy (as I found out with my first batch). After I boiled them I browned them in a pan with some EVOO and sea salt. Mmmmmmm.
Yum yum yum! This was my first time making (or eating) gnocchi. It worked out very well! I thought they were kinda weird right out of the water, (to doughy or something), so like corrie1, I browned mine in a pan with some butter, and EVOO. Tasty!
Very simple, very flavorful gnocchi! Very similar to how they do it in Argentina. Thanks for the great recipe!