1/1 Photo of Glynn's Jambalaya
My friend Glynn makes this every super bowl party and it goes fast. It's really good and just the right amount of kick!! I'm posting it here so that I wont lose the recipe again!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, drained but save
- 1 1/2 cups stock or 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rice, converted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1In a heavy Dutch oven, saute sausage until lightly browned. Remove from pot.
- 2Saute onions, bell peppers, green onions, celery and garlic in meat drippings until tender.
- 3Add tomatoes, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in rice.
- 5Mix together liquid from tomatoes, stock and Worcestershire sauce to equal 2 1/2 cups.
- 6Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
- 7Add raw shrimp, chicken and sausage and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes until rice and shrimp are done.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glynn's Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.6
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 370.1 mg
- Sodium 2221.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 49.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: