1/1 Photo of Glyko Me Mila Kai Bananes: Apple and Banana Pudding
susie cooks's Note:
I found this on About.com. Sounds great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 walnuts, coarsely ground
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 1/4 cups apples, peeled, cored and cut into small dice
- 1 1/4 cups bananas, peeled and cut into small dice
- 2 ounces brandy
- 5 1/4 ounces butter
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 apples, slices cut in half
- 1Start will all ingredients at room temperature.
- 2Disslove the cornflour in 1 cup of milk.
- 3In a mixing bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar until well blended.
- 4In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the ground walnuts with the brandy.
- 5Heat the remaining milk and butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a slow boil, whisking constantly.
- 6Stir in the cornflour mixture with a whisk, stir until blended.
- 7Add the egg mixture, stirring with the whisk until the pudding thickens.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9With a wooden spoon, stir in the lemon peel, lemon juice, chopped fruit and walnut-brandy mix.
- 10Pour into a large serving bowl.
- 11Refrigerate 3 hours to chill and set.
- 12Garnish with apple slices.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glyko Me Mila Kai Bananes: Apple and Banana Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.9
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 169.1 mg
- Sodium 294.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of