Recipe by susie cooks
I found this on About.com. Sounds great!
Top Review by Darkhunter
A very different kind of pudding! I loved the combination of the apples and bananas with the kick of the brandy along with the tartness of the lemon juice. I don't know what I did differently than Nimz, but mine set right up. Thnx for sharing your recipe, susie. Made for the Voracious Vagabonds during ZWT 6.
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 walnuts, coarsely ground
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 1⁄4 cups apples, peeled, cored and cut into small dice
- 1 1⁄4 cups bananas, peeled and cut into small dice
- 2 ounces brandy
- 5 1⁄4 ounces butter
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 apples, slices cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Start will all ingredients at room temperature.
- Disslove the cornflour in 1 cup of milk.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar until well blended.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the ground walnuts with the brandy.
- Heat the remaining milk and butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a slow boil, whisking constantly.
- Stir in the cornflour mixture with a whisk, stir until blended.
- Add the egg mixture, stirring with the whisk until the pudding thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the lemon peel, lemon juice, chopped fruit and walnut-brandy mix.
- Pour into a large serving bowl.
- Refrigerate 3 hours to chill and set.
- Garnish with apple slices.