Found this on Adriana Shum's blog. It looks intriguing so I wanted to post it so I can have easy access to it. She says that it's a way not to waste watermelon rinds and said it goes well with Greek yogurt. I have no idea what the yield is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the rind cubes in a perserving pan and cover with cold water.
- 2Bring to the boil and simmer for one hour or until the rind is translucent. Drain.
- 3Place 750 ml of water in a pan with sugar, cinnamon, lemon, half the lemon juice and the honey.
- 4Stir over gentle heat until the sugar dissolves and bring to the boil, skim when necessary.
- 5Add the drained watermelon rind, return to the boil and boil gently for 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from the heat, cover and leave for 12 hours or overnight.
- 7Return to the boil over medium heat and boil until the syrup thickens when tested on a cold saucer.
- 8Remove cinnamon and lemon peel.
- 9Add remaining lemon juice and toasted almonds.
- 10Boil one minute and then ladle into warm sterilized jars.
- 11Seal when cold.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glyko Karpouzi - Watermelon Preserve
Serving Size: 1 (1038 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2065.0
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 241.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 439.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 427.7 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: