1/1 Photo of Glutton's Own Potato Salad
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Made it up on Sunday. Haven't checked to see if it is similar to the recipes of others. It very well could be. I got the idea from Momma Glutton via telephone to add the cherry tomatoes and bacon. The slice tomatoes will leak some of their juices into the salad; I love that. Like most potato salads, tastes better when it sits overnight. If the portions in the pic look small, it's because I made it Sunday and have been eating it ROFL, sorry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 -14 red potatoes, boiled
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs
- 9 stalks green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 5 -6 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 cup light mayonnaise (or a bit more if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- black pepper
- 5 -6 slices low-sodium bacon
- 1Boil potatoes in large stockpot for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from heat after 10 minutes of boiling; the potatoes will finish cooking. You don't want them soggy and mushy.
- 2Boil eggs for no more than 12-15 minutes as well; remove from heat and let finish cooking. Drain hot water and replace with ice cold water.
- 3Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
- 4While potatoes are cooking, fry or broil bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Save no more than one teaspoon of bacon grease.
- 5Mix mayo, horseradish, sour cream, relish, bacon grease and dry spices together.
- 6Slice cherry tomatoes in half; add with celery and green onions.
- 7Fold all ingredients into large mixing bowl; chill anywhere from 4 hours to overnight.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glutton's Own Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (631 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.4
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 162.0 mg
- Sodium 578.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: