Cook1 hr 10 mins
Made it up on Sunday. Haven't checked to see if it is similar to the recipes of others. It very well could be. I got the idea from Momma Glutton via telephone to add the cherry tomatoes and bacon. The slice tomatoes will leak some of their juices into the salad; I love that. Like most potato salads, tastes better when it sits overnight. If the portions in the pic look small, it's because I made it Sunday and have been eating it ROFL, sorry!
- 12 -14 red potatoes, boiled
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs
- 9 stalks green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cherry tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 5 -6 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 cup light mayonnaise (or a bit more if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup sweet relish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- black pepper
- 5 -6 slices low-sodium bacon
- Boil potatoes in large stockpot for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from heat after 10 minutes of boiling; the potatoes will finish cooking. You don't want them soggy and mushy.
- Boil eggs for no more than 12-15 minutes as well; remove from heat and let finish cooking. Drain hot water and replace with ice cold water.
- Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
- While potatoes are cooking, fry or broil bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Save no more than one teaspoon of bacon grease.
- Mix mayo, horseradish, sour cream, relish, bacon grease and dry spices together.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half; add with celery and green onions.
- Fold all ingredients into large mixing bowl; chill anywhere from 4 hours to overnight.