Recipe by Gluten Free and loving it
I actually adapted this recipe from Gluten Free Girl's Gluten Free French Bread Recipe. I am ellergic to yeast and I preferred the bread with brown rice flour. I also make it in a bread loaf pan instead of two small skinny loaves. I LOVE this recipe!!! I also used it to make bread pudding and it was perfect. I hope you all enjoy it too.
Top Review by maximezara
This recipe is outstanding. I omitted the sugar, which I don't eat. I may have used a sprinkle of stevia. Also, I read the recipe wrong and used 3 whole eggs, and I added 2 tsp of baking powder. Pure perfection and way better than anything frozen you buy GF/YF anywhere! Thank you. maximezara
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 3 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (I use a light butter spread)
- 3 egg whites, beaten slightly
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- melted butter, for brushing (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, place flours, xanthan gum, salt and sugar. Blend with mixer on low or by hand.
- Add the butter, egg whites, and vinegar.Beat on high or stir in by hand until well mixed.
- Pour batter into a buttered bread pan.
- If desired, brush with melted butter. (I spray with spray butter to reduce calories and fat.).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cool.