Another way to try gluten.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, combine water and ground burdock (if available).
- 2Place saucepan on high heat and bring to a gentle boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and simmer.
- 4Tear gluten in small teaspoon sized pieces and drop into the water. Allow to cook fro 15 minutes while water continues to boil gently.
- 5Remove gluten with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 6Grind gluten in food processor or meat grinder until it resembles the texture of coarsely ground steak.
- 7In a bowl, mix oil, miso, garlic power, cumin, coriander, and yeast. Add ground gluten and mix well.
- 8Ground gluten can be eaten directly or sautéed in oil for a few minutes.
- 9It is a loose “meat” that will not hole its shape without a binding materieal. Soy or chickpea flour is recommended.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Mock Hamburgers
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 72.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: