Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another way to try gluten.
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons ground burdock root (if available)
- 2 cups raw gluten
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons miso
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- In a saucepan, combine water and ground burdock (if available).
- Place saucepan on high heat and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer.
- Tear gluten in small teaspoon sized pieces and drop into the water. Allow to cook fro 15 minutes while water continues to boil gently.
- Remove gluten with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Grind gluten in food processor or meat grinder until it resembles the texture of coarsely ground steak.
- In a bowl, mix oil, miso, garlic power, cumin, coriander, and yeast. Add ground gluten and mix well.
- Ground gluten can be eaten directly or sautéed in oil for a few minutes.
- It is a loose “meat” that will not hole its shape without a binding materieal. Soy or chickpea flour is recommended.