Recipe by Budgiegirl
I love Boca soy products. They are, however, a bit expensive for someone on a really tight budget so I am looking for other ways to make cheap, meatless meals.
- 2 cups raw gluten
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide raw gluten into 4 to 6 pieces.
- Pound with a meat mallet into steak sized pieces.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a pot.
- Add gluten steak.
- Place pot on medium heat for 50 minutes.
- Cook, uncovered, without boiling.
- The steaks can be served immediately or fried on both sides in oil.