Recipe by love4culinary
This recipe was posted for a request for gluten&lactose free bread. Quoting the website that this recipe was taken from, "This recipe comes from Glenna Vance at Red Star who was looking for a moist and tasty gluten-free bread that reduces the cholesterol (no egg yolks) and is also lactose-free. This is a real gift for gluten-free bread bakers!" I'm not really sure of the prep time
Top Review by Food Intolerances Cook
Best best best gluten free bread ever! Tastes like real bread! I used 1 t. Honey and safflower instead of canola! I also let it knead for 20 in breadmaker, let rise in warm 200 degree oven and then cook about 40-45 mins! Awesome!!
- 473.18 ml rice flour
- 118.29 ml potato starch
- 118.29 ml tapioca flour
- 78.07 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml xanthan gum
- 7.39 ml salt
- 44.37 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml egg substitute
- 14.79 ml Red Star active dry yeast or 14.79 ml other active dry yeast
- 4 egg whites
- 59.16 ml canola oil
- 4.92 ml cider vinegar
- 295.73 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a med sized bowl, measure all of the dry ingredients.
- Stir or whisk well.
- Combine liquids and mix well.
- Large Bread Machine method: Transfer wet and dry ingredients and yeast to baking pan of bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Press start.
- Help mix dough during kneading cycle; Mixture will be very thick.
- Use 1 rise and 1 knead cycle if machine is programmable.
- Remove upon completion of baking cycle.
- Oven method: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly oil a 9-x-5-inch loaf pan.
- Add yeast to mix and beat in liquids.
- Beat 2 minutes.
- Scrape into loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise to the top of the pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack before slicing.