This recipe was posted for a request for gluten&lactose free bread. Quoting the website that this recipe was taken from, "This recipe comes from Glenna Vance at Red Star who was looking for a moist and tasty gluten-free bread that reduces the cholesterol (no egg yolks) and is also lactose-free. This is a real gift for gluten-free bread bakers!" I'm not really sure of the prep time
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon Red Star active dry yeast or 1 tablespoon other active dry yeast
- 4 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- In a med sized bowl, measure all of the dry ingredients.
- Stir or whisk well.
- Combine liquids and mix well.
- Large Bread Machine method: Transfer wet and dry ingredients and yeast to baking pan of bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Press start.
- Help mix dough during kneading cycle; Mixture will be very thick.
- Use 1 rise and 1 knead cycle if machine is programmable.
- Remove upon completion of baking cycle.
- Oven method: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly oil a 9-x-5-inch loaf pan.
- Add yeast to mix and beat in liquids.
- Beat 2 minutes.
- Scrape into loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise to the top of the pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack before slicing.