1/1 Photo of Gluten & Lactose Free Bread
This recipe was posted for a request for gluten&lactose free bread. Quoting the website that this recipe was taken from, "This recipe comes from Glenna Vance at Red Star who was looking for a moist and tasty gluten-free bread that reduces the cholesterol (no egg yolks) and is also lactose-free. This is a real gift for gluten-free bread bakers!" I'm not really sure of the prep time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon Red Star active dry yeast or 1 tablespoon other active dry yeast
- 1In a med sized bowl, measure all of the dry ingredients.
- 2Stir or whisk well.
- 3Combine liquids and mix well.
- 4Large Bread Machine method: Transfer wet and dry ingredients and yeast to baking pan of bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- 5Press start.
- 6Help mix dough during kneading cycle; Mixture will be very thick.
- 7Use 1 rise and 1 knead cycle if machine is programmable.
- 8Remove upon completion of baking cycle.
- 9Oven method: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 10Lightly oil a 9-x-5-inch loaf pan.
- 11Add yeast to mix and beat in liquids.
- 12Beat 2 minutes.
- 13Scrape into loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise to the top of the pan.
- 14Bake 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 15Cool on a wire rack before slicing.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten & Lactose Free Bread
Serving Size: 1 (990 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2322.7
- Calories from Fat 549
- Total Fat 61.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3794.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 397.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 42.1 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Red Star active dry yeast