Prep 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
A very moist and delicious gingerbread for those on a gluten free diet. So good you'd never know it was gluten free though, even the neighborhood kids ask me to make it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1⁄2 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour an 8" x 8" glass baking pan.
- Shred zucchini and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Use a mixer to beat the eggs and add the sugar, molasses, oil and vanilla.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Slowly pour flour mixture into wet ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Mix in the zucchini by hand.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 27 minutes. Let cool.
- Can be served with a sprinkling of confectioner's sugar or sweetened whipped cream.