Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had a bunch of items in my pantry that I wanted to try and use up. As a result I came up with this filling, yet very healthy, soup. Enjoy!
- 1 (32 ounce) box vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 cup mixed grains (I use Trader Joe's)
- 1 (15 ounce) canorganic low sodium diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 -2 cup water
- 15 ounces cannellini beans
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat broth to boiling.
- Add grains and dried spices and return to boiling.
- Continue boiling for 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and basalmic vinegar and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add water, spinach and beans and simmer until hot.
- Serve in bowls with parmesean garnish, if desired.