Recipe by Lingering_Dream
This is such a great yellow cake! I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and thought I would share on here. Everyone that has tried this cake has said that they don't know the difference between the gluten free kind and the regular kind! Hope it will help those with those dessert cravings who can't have gluten/wheat!
Top Review by MAMASARAH
YUM! YUM! YUM! Thank you for posting this cake recipe. It made excellent cupcakes and opened the door to so many more ideas like cinnamon apple upside down cake! OOOO I can't wait!
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and rice flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Mix the white rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and xantham gum together and set aside.
- Mix the eggs, sugar and mayonnaise until fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool completely and then frost with your favorite kind of frosting!