From Naomi at the Better Batter website. I'm awaiting the flour before trying this for myself, but need to post it to keep it handy. :) Prep time is an estimate for now.
My Private Note
dozen b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1It is very important to have a very hot oven for this recipe. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 1 or two cookie sheets or muffin top tins.
- 2In your electric mixer, beat the flour, salt, eggs, sugar, and milk or water on high speed for 7-10 minutes. This should produce a batter with a consistency between soft butter-cream icing and cookie dough.
- 3Working quickly, spoon this mixture by 1/2 cup portions onto prepared cookie sheets or muffin top tins. Allowing this batter to sit for more than a minute or two will result in deflated buns! Wet hands and gently smooth and flatten mounds to a width of 3-4 inches and a depth of 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
- 4If you desire a soft edge to the bun (as with commercial buns) use a cookie sheet and place mounds so that they touch slightly when flattened. For a crisper crust on all surfaces of the bun, use a muffin top tin or do not allow buns to touch on cookie sheet.
- 5If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or coarse salt - this will improve the finished appearance of the cooked bun.
- 6Place in heated oven and bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.
- 7Allow to cool completely before slicing. As the buns cool, you will see a slight deflation of the buns – it is not unusual for the buns to deflate by about 1/3. This is okay! The deflation causes the very fine texture you will see, when you cut/split the bun. *To have less deflation, use the smaller amount of water – this will cause a denser bun.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free, Yeast-Free Sandwich and Hamburger Buns
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.9
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 766.7 mg
- Sodium 2689.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 67.2 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: