Recipe by katii
These quick & easy buns are great in a time fix. Soft and very flavourful, they also work well when formed into breadsticks.
Top Review by iknitok
Foccacia IS rather flat and doughier than regular bread - when sliced and toasted in the oven with toppings it is superb. If you want more colour on the top, use a whole egg wash on top. Wonderful recipe and I will be passing it on to my coeliac daughter and son - both good cooks.
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon foccacia spices
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 -3 tablespoons egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, Italian seasoning, Foccacia spices, and oregano.
- Add water and garlic, mix well.
- Spoon batter into a prepared roll pan.
- Sprinkle garlic salt and garlic & herb spice blend over the rolls.
- Bake in a preheated 350* F oven for 20 minutes.
- Quickly remove the rolls, brush with egg whites, and place back in oven.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on a wire rack before serving.