Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For those of us who love bread and need to minimise or avoid gluten, yeast and sugar, here's a recipe to try. The taste and texture reminds me of SCONES... yes, scones! I love to have it sliced and toasted, with a ton of butter on top! I've been enjoying experimenting with gluten free and yeast free breads, combining and modifying different recipes (mostly from this website). This is the best that I've come up with so far. I'd enjoying hearing your feedback. Thanks and hope you enjoy it!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Make sure to mix thoroughly.
- Beat the eggs. Stir in the milk and vegetable oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. The consistency will be more like muffin batter than bread dough.
- Grease a bread pan and spoon the mixture into the pan. Do your best to distribute the mixture evenly, squishing out big air pockets. Smooth out the top of the mixture with the back of a spoon (a swirly pattern looks nice) as the batter will keep the form/shape it's left inches.
- Cook for about 1 hour, or possibly 5-10 minutes more, until a toothpick inserted into the centre of it comes out clean.
- Note: This also worked at 350F for about 1.5 hours.