1 hr 20 mins
Bonita Ford's Note:
For those of us who love bread and need to minimise or avoid gluten, yeast and sugar, here's a recipe to try. The taste and texture reminds me of SCONES... yes, scones! I love to have it sliced and toasted, with a ton of butter on top! I've been enjoying experimenting with gluten free and yeast free breads, combining and modifying different recipes (mostly from this website). This is the best that I've come up with so far. I'd enjoying hearing your feedback. Thanks and hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Make sure to mix thoroughly.
- 3Beat the eggs. Stir in the milk and vegetable oil.
- 4Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. The consistency will be more like muffin batter than bread dough.
- 5Grease a bread pan and spoon the mixture into the pan. Do your best to distribute the mixture evenly, squishing out big air pockets. Smooth out the top of the mixture with the back of a spoon (a swirly pattern looks nice) as the batter will keep the form/shape it's left inches.
- 6Cook for about 1 hour, or possibly 5-10 minutes more, until a toothpick inserted into the centre of it comes out clean.
- 7Note: This also worked at 350F for about 1.5 hours.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free, Yeast-Free and Sugar-Free "scone" Bread :
Serving Size: 1 (683 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1757.1
- Calories from Fat 697
- Total Fat 77.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 457.1 mg
- Sodium 3577.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 229.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: