Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Perfect as a Halloween teat, these cute little cookies are simple to make and taste great!
- 2 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 36 gluten-free pretzel sticks (I used Glutino's)
- In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate, stirrinig occasionally.
- In a bowl, beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in melted chocolate.
- In a sepate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, soda, and salt; stir into butter mixture in 2 additions to make a smooth dough.
- Shape dough into 3 dozen tablespoon-sized balls and stick one on the end of each pretzel stick.
- Press dough with a fork to make lines resembling bristles of a broom.
- Place each cookie on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool before moving.