Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from the Celiac website posted by request.
Make and share this Gluten Free White Texas Sheet Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups gluten-free flour, mix
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375F and lightly grease a 15 x10" jelly roll pan.
- Bring butter and water up to a boil in a large saucepan, taking care not to scorch.
- Remove from heat; whisk in remaining cake ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cake is golden brown and tests done.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- While cake is baking, bring milk and butter just to the boil in a medium saucepan, taking care not to scorch.
- Remove from heat.
- Add powdered sugar and almond extract; mix well and spread evenly over slightly cooled cake.