1 hr 20 mins
This spicy, hearty and satisfying dish is one of my Cousin Linda's favorites, and even family members who don't have Wheat Gluten allergies LOVE this dish. I once made it three times over a 4-day period because it kept disappearing. If spicy foods bother you, adjust the amounts of salsa, green chili peppers and Jalapeno peppers to taste. Freezes very well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 (7 ounce) can medium salsa (ethnic foods aisle in grocery store)
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chili peppers
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced jalapeno peppers
- salt, to taste
- 1 small onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 green pepper
- 4 medium tomatillos, cored and diced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, with liquid
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1In food processor, chop onion, garlic, celery, green pepper, jalapeños (can chop all together).
- 2Heat large skillet over medium heat, add oil, and contents of food processor and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3Add chicken to pan and cook through.
- 4Add 1 1/2 cans beans with liquid, and food process remaining beans and add to pot.
- 5Stir well and add remaining ingredients.
- 6When pot comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- 7Salt to taste.
- 8Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free White Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.5
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 118.4 mg
- Sodium 488.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.0 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 48.8 g