Dan Lepard's uses psyllium husk in his recipe for gluten-free bread. It turns out kinda like a french loaf. Hands down the best GF bread I've ever had.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons soya flour (soy flour)
- 50 g potato starch
- 300 g cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 25 g psyllium husks
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 15 ml sunflower oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 325 ml warm water
- 30 ml milk
- 1Put the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- 2whisk the liquid separately.
- 3then mix the two really well for a minute, until they come together into a soft dough.
- 4Leave for an hour.
- 5Then, using a lightly oiled worktop and hands,
- 6Shape into rolls or into a baton for a tin loaf.
- 7Cover and leave for an hour and a half, until almost doubled.
- 8Gluten-free dough doesn't have spring, so a very hot oven helps -
- 9245C (220C fan-assisted)/475F/gas mark 9.
- 10Brush the top of the dough with oil and
- 11bake for 25 minutes (rolls) or 50 minutes (large tin loaf).
- 12Remove from the oven, and from the tin or tray.
- 13Leave to cool on a wire rack, covered with a cloth
- 14this helps keep the bread soft.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free White Bread
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.7
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 200.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: