This is a gluten free adaptation of Karen's WFYB Brownies (#32204). Gluten-free flour tends to make baked products drier. These were THE BEST gluten free brownies I've ever had. They're chewy, moist, and fudgy. As per Karen, the recipe doubles just fine - use a 9 x 13 inch pan instead and add a few more minutes of baking.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Farenheit.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan or line with foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter and cocoa. Stir until the cocoa is dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
- Add instant chocolate pudding mix and stir until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not overmix).
- Fold in "Whatever Floats Your Boat!".
- Spread in pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn pan 180 degrees, turn heat up to 350, and bake for 8-10 more minutes. (Cooking time will depend on oven).
- DO NOT OVER BAKE - your brownies will come out dry. Adjust time/temp accordingly for your oven. If you do the knife/toothpick test, it should come out with moist crumbs, not clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- For a double recipe, bake in a 9x13 pan and add 5 minutes to the baking time.