1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free Walnut Brownies
I am always looking for GF recipes that don't require a lot of extra ingredients. This one fits the bill, and I will try it out the next time we have a bake sale. From the blog "My Sister's Kitchen". I've guessed on servings - they are described as fudgy, so smaller pieces may be better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350° and prepare an 8×8 or 9×9 or 7x11 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- 2Melt the butter and chocolate chips together. It's easiest to use a microwave-safe bowl and just microwave them for 30-40 seconds, stir, microwaved again, etc. until the butter and chocolate are smoothly melted together. You can also do this step in a double boiler.
- 3Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs.
- 4In a separate bowl, whisk together cornstarch and unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 5Stir these dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture. Since you’re not stirring flour and activating gluten you’ll need to stir these brownies a bit longer than you would regular brownies. When the mixture starts to pull away from the side of the bowl, stir in the walnuts. (Toasting the walnuts will enhance the flavor).
- 6Spread brownie batter in the prepared baking dish.
- 7Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. The brownies are done when an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Walnut Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.7
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 72.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g