Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These waffles turned me into a breakfast eater!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (see note*)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, plus some
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix together the 1 1/2 cups milk and eggs; stir in the butter.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add additional milk until you get a batter a little thicker than pancake batter.
- Spread a ladleful or so of batter onto the waffle iron and bake until the waffle is done, usually 3 to 5 minutes, depending on your iron.
- (Mine whistles.) Serve immediately.
- Freeze leftovers in a plastic baggie with a sheet of wax paper in between each waffle.
- NOTE: My absolute favorite flour for waffles is"All-Purpose Celiac Flour" by Kinnikinnick (They are based in Canada. www. kinnikinnick. com) If ordering online isn't an option for you, try this flour blend: 2 cups White Rice Flour, 1 cup Potato Starch, 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch, 1-3/4 tsp Guar Gum.
- Use 2 cups for waffles.
- (I haven't tried this substitution, but based on the ingredient list on the package and with help from Bette Hagman's books, it sounds like a good bet.).
Ginny P, thanks so much for this posting and all the other gluten free recipes you've posted. It's so hard for those of us with celiac disease to find good recipes. Thanks so much for sharing yours. Donna
These were the first waffles I have eaten in over a year and I liked these waffles alot! I used a blend of sorghum flour, cornstarch and tapioca flour. I added a little stevia extract powder, 2 TBSP erythritol, 2 tsp xanthan gum and used canola oil instead of butter. I will definatly be making these again.
Yes- it is true, finally a gluten free pancake recipe that taste oh so good. Note to everyone who makes these, I subbed milk with Almond breeze and butter, with I cannot believe it's not butter and Used Bob's red mill gluten free baking flour.
PS- I added a 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts to the batter, pre calphalon. I topped the finished waffles off with sliced bananas and sugar free maple syrup