Recipe by zepharum
A Bette Hagman recipe. It makes a great pattie to serve plain or topped with ketchup. It's a little soft to go into a bun though and is better served as a main dish with potato salad on the side.
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup rice bran
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 teaspoons potato starch
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine zucchini, mushrooms, cheese, rice bran, onions, flours, steak sauce and spices in a large bowl.
- Stir in the eggs and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Form 5 patties about 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Cook on medium heat for about four or five minutes on each side, or until a deep golden brown.