Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Cake salé simply means savory cake in French. You can serve this for brunch when you have company. Or this can be a perfect light lunch with some salad/soup. For more healthy gluten-free pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups vegetables, chopped (I used zucchini, red pepper and onion)
- salt and pepper
- oil, for spraying the loaf pan
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml milk (I used almond milk)
- 100 ml plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated, for topping
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, of your choice (optional, I used tarragon.)
- Heat oil in a sauté pan and sauté all the vegetables with salt and pepper until they become soft. If you are going to use any herbs, add them at the end. Set aside.
- Spray inside an 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan and preheat oven to 350°F/180°C degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and add to the dry ingredients.
- Add milk, yogurt, and cheese and mix well.
- Add cooked vegetables and gently mix.
- Transfer to the pan and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Cool, infuse love, slice and serve!