1 hr 35 mins
Pasta free, no eggs or dairy and simply delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 zucchini, peeled
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into match sticks
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 10 ounces chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can trader joe's marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese (I used Daiya cheddar)
Vegan Basil Ricotta
- 1Prepare Vegan ricotta: In a food processor or industrial blender, combine the cashews, oil, and garlic. Pulse until finely chopped. Add the tofu, and a pinch of salt. Pulse until finely chopped and resembling the texture of ricotta, add soymilk as needed to thin the mixture out. Add the basil and pulse just until chopped into the mixture.
- 2Set Vegan ricotta and set aside.
- 3Slice zucchini and eggplant into thin, horizontal planks preferably with a mandolin. Place zucchini in a colander and salt. Allow to sit for 30-60 minutes to extract extra moisture. Drain and pat dry with a towel. Bake or sautée slices for a few minutes on each side to ensure all excess moisture is removed (I cooked slices in a non-stick pan for 2-3 minutes on each side). Put aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 5Heat oil in a pan on medium to medium-high heat. Add carrot sticks and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add sliced baby bella mushroom and onion cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 additional minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
- 6Put a thin layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of a large baking dish. Place zucchini planks over sauce to cover the bottom of the dish.
- 7Add 1/2 the ricotta mixture, spreading it evenly over the zucchini. Then add 1/2 the mushroom mixture, spreading it over the ricotta. Add another thin layer of sauce. Repeat with zucchini, ricotta and mushroom mixture. Add a last layer of zucchini and cover in sauce. If you like, add a layer of vegan cheese .
- 8Cover the pan with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Remove lasagna from the oven and allow to sit for approximately 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Vegan Zucchini Eggplant Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.1
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 574.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: