1/2 Photos of Gluten Free Vegan Thin Mints
3 hrs 15 mins
Rich, crispy chocolate-mint wafers are robed in minty chocolate for this Girl Guides-like treat that's 100% GF and vegan!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 7 tablespoons dark unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soymilk or 3 tablespoons rice milk
- 5 tablespoons vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together flours, starch, cocoa powder and salt.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together margarine, shortening and sugars.
- 3Add soymilk, vodka and extracts. The mixture will look curdled.
- 4Gradually, add in the flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- 5Shape dough into two logs, about 1 1/2” in diameter, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 1-2 hours, until dough is very firm.
- 6Preheat oven to 375F, line baking sheets with parchment or silicone.
- 7Slice dough into rounds not more than 1/4” thick – otherwise they will not be crisp.
- 8Place on the sheets fairly close together – they don’t spread that much.
- 9Bake 14 – 15 minutes.
- 10Cool cookies completely on a wire rack before dipping in chocolate.
- 11Combine chocolate and shortening in a double boiler over simmering water.
- 12Melt until chocolate is smooth. Stir in the extract.
- 13Dip each cookie in melted chocolate and transfer to a wire rack set over a piece of wax paper to set up for at least 30 minutes – 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Vegan Thin Mints
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: