Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A gluten free vegan sweet potato muffin made with agave syrup with no sugar. I adapted a recipe from Allergen Free Baking adding more spices and sweet potato to make a moister and tastier muffin,
- 3 cups gluten-free flour, mix
- 3⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger. Whisk together well.
- In a large bowl combine the sweet potato, oil., agave syrup and vanilla mix well at low speed
- Add the flour dry ingredients mixture to the wet ingredients and mix at low speed until combined.
- Fold in the raisins and cranberries.
- Spoon batter into a lined muffin tin, filling to just below tops. (1/4 cup of batter)
- Bake 20- 25 minutes until tops of muffins bounce back when pressed lightly. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool on a rack. Store cooled muffins in an airtight container. Makes 18 muffins.
- Or you can make one 9 by 5 loaf, Grease a 9 by 5 pan sprinkle with a little gluten free flour and fill the pan with the batter. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, rotate the pan , reduce the temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 40 minutes more or until lovely golden brown and a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean., let cool for about 20 minute.