Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are cut out cookies. I haven't tried them, but they get good reviews from the blog where they came from at nourishingmeals.com
- 3 cups gf rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup coconut sugar or 3⁄4 cup another granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup arrowroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the dry ingredients into a food processor fitted with the "s" blade. Process until very finely ground (not as fine as oat flour, still a little coarse).
- Add wet ingredients, process until the mixture forms a cohesive ball. It may take a few minutes but it will happen. Pulse the processor if needed.
- Remove dough, finish forming into a ball with your hands. Chill the dough if it is too soft for 20 to 30 minutes. Then place on parchment or waxed paper for rolling. Roll out dough. Cut into heart shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for approximately 15 to 16 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Dip in a glaze made from about 3 ounces dark chocolate, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon sweetener. (Melted and whisked together over low heat). Enjoy!