Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from Annalaise Roberts book Gluten Free Baking Classics. This is my favorite recipe from the book. The flavor and texture are perfect. Somtimes i like to put the dough in a rectangle pan, cut the focacia into squares and then slice them like you are layering a cake use for sandwhiches.
- Grease and flour a 8-8'' pan, use rice flour for this. I also put parchment paper on the bottom.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Put the yeast in warm water with a pinch of sugar and let sit for 5 minutes or so. Then add the oil and add the wet ingredients to the dry, mix just until blended.
- Then mix with mixer on high for 2 minutes.
- Spoon dough into pan. Cover and let double in size, about 40-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 with rack in lower third of oven (i have forgotten to position the oven racks before and it still turned out fine).
- When dough has doubled in size, sprinkle with olive oil and brush across dough. Sprinkle with rosemerry and sea salt.
- Bake 20 minutes, should be light brown. Cool in pan 15 minutes and then enjoy.
Made in my bread machine on dough setting. Had to add more oil and warm water. But tastes great. Always get great positive comments. Thanks for posting
The BEST gluten free bread I ever ate...just like gluten white bread. Thanks so much!!!