Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a throwback to my favorite cookie recipe growing up. Unfortunately with UC I can't eat a lot of the things I used to...but this tastes identical if not better than the original. Can be made as cookies or as cookie bars (just place dough in a 9x13 pan and spread out and cut into diamond shapes). These are delish. ENJOY!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1⁄4 cups organic brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup organic unbleached cane sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened vegan butter, spread (earth balance soy free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg substitute (ener g egg replacer eggs or 2 regular eggs)
- 10 -12 ounces vegan gluten free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 and prepare a 9x13 inches pan and use olive or canola oil to grease it.
- mix dry ingredients.
- mix wet ingredients.
- mix ingredients together--may have to knead with your hands.
- mix in the chocolate chips.
- put into pan as individual cookies (use a teaspoon to scoop in) or make bars by putting all of the dough into the pan and spreading it out.
- Bake for approximately 15-17 minutes.