Recipe by The Blender Girl
This vegan incantation of my mom's sensational brandy cream recipe can be made in five minutes and is utterly divine. This cream is delicious poured over Christmas pudding, fruit cake or berries. Or, try the "scoff-straight-out-of-the-blender" approach that I have been sprung indulging in this week! I deliberately kept this blend mild to accommodate children, and those people not fond of a really strong brandy flavor. But if you are like my family and can't get enough brandy - feel free to adopt my mother's approach, and free-pour like an alcoholic bartender and enjoy the ride.
- 2 cups raw organic cashews
- 2 cups filtered water
- 6 tablespoons agave nectar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 3 -4 tablespoons brandy (to taste)
- 1 pinch of celtic sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Throw everything into the blender and puree until thick and creamy.
- Adjust quantities of brandy and sweetener to taste.
- Chill in the fridge and allow the cream to thicken slightly.
- **Please note - you will need a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix in order to achieve a really creamy consistency.