Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was going nuts looking for this recipe after having these tasties at a picnic, and found it on the Almost Vegan blog-- a versatile and simple no-bake recipe, the 5-Minute Single-Serve Blondie. There are endless variations to this, but this one is my personal favorite for being tasty-- and liquid sweetener bolstered by extra dates helps hold this together better than dry sweetener does. I use a flat round container with a 6" diameter to contain the blondie, which I then score into 4 large pieces to have for school all week. You can also double this recipe to fit into a larger rectangular container to take to parties and score into far smaller pieces.
- Put the peanuts in a food processor, and do a rough chop 3-4 times.
- Add the dates one at a time, pulsing each time you add one.
- Pull the lid off, and drizzle the tablespoon of honey evenly around the date/nut mixture, followed by the vanilla.
- Leave the food processor on for about a minute, or until everything is well incorporated and sticking together.
- Scoop the mixture into a container or baking pan, and press down flat with your hands. Feel free to add some goodies, like chocolate chips or dried cranberries.
- Let set for about 10 minutes-- the bigger the batch, the longer it needs to set.