1/3 Photos of Gluten Free Vegan Banana Bread
Chef #510217's Note:
This bread is gluten free, vegan (no eggs or dairy), and allergy friendly (no corn, soy, or peanuts, and tree nuts are optional). I created this one after much experimentation with gluten free flours and I like this combination the best. Either flour can be substituted for an equivalent amount of teff flour or sorghum flour and it still comes out fine. This also makes excellent muffins, baked for 25-30 minutes at 375F.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups millet flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon guar gum or 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups water or 1 1/2 cups rice milk or 1 1/2 cups soymilk
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1Combine rice flour, millet flour, sugar, flax seed, cinnamon, baking powder, guar gum, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Stir in bananas and water or milk. Stir well with a spoon, or beat with a mixer for a minute or so.
- 3Pour into a greased 8 x 8 square pan or a loaf pan, and bake at 350F for 45-60 minutes, or until the center is set.
- 4Allow to cool in pan.
- 5Cut into squares (like cornbread) if made in the square pan, or slice into slices, when cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Vegan Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 191.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: