Recipe by katii
Tiny, sweet, biscuit-like cookies with a delicate flavour. Add 1 tablespoon of instant coffee powder for 'Gluten-Free Coffee Wafers".
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup tapioca starch
- melted chocolate (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together; beat in egg, syrup, and vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in water; add to butter mixture.
- Mix in flour.
- Shape dough into small 2" rolls.
- Wrap and chill overnight (or longer).
- Slice thinly and place on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400* oven for about 5-6 minutes until VERY lightly golden.
- Decorate with melted chocolate, if desired.