Recipe by katii
An attractive dish, perfect for company, this sweet and unique dish is completed when served with a ginger-orange sauce.
- 1 -2 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- boiling water, to cover
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 cup dry breadcrumbs (gluten-free)
- 1⁄4 cup very finely chopped onion
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground turkey
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots and onion in boiling water until tender crisp; drain and let cool.
- Measure next 8 inngredients into bowl; stir.
- Add turkey and mix.
- Pat mixture out onwaxed paper into a rectangle.
- Lay carrot sticks parallel to short side of rectangle, spreading over entire surface; scatter onion overtop.
- Roll from short side, using wax paper to help roll.
- Place seam side down in a greased loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350* oven for about 1 hour until browned.