Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Perfect left-over turkey recipe. I use rice noodles to keep it gluten free but any wide noodle will do. Best soup I've ever made.
- 1 medium onion, choppped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 7⁄8 cup chicken broth
- thai medium rice noodles, handful
- 1 cup chopped cooked turkey or 1 cup chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Saute onion, celery and carrot in olive oil until soft.
- Add chicken broth and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice noodles and simmer about 5 minutes then add turkey and half of the parsley.
- Serve when turkey has heated through and garnish with remainder of parsley.
We are 8 days into gluten free due to a severe celiac diagnosis of our youngest. :( I have say, this recipe was AWESOME and all 4 of our kids loved it! The only change I made was to dice the celery and onions super tiny (that way the kids would not see them!!) lol Will Make this many many more times!
I ended up not putting in enough broth and water (when I ran out of broth), but everyone else in my family just wants the "stuff" instead of the liquid anyway, so it turned out great in the end! I wanted to make Grilled Chicken Soup with Dumplings (Grilled Chicken Soup With Dumplings (Gluten, Dairy Free)) but didn't have all the veggies, so I used this recipe for the soup, that one for the dumplings, and our dinner was delish! We can't wait to try this with the rice noodles too! Thanks for sharing your recipe, No Wheat For Me! :)
I made this recipe as written, mostly so I could let my daughter know the results ~ GREAT TASTING SOUP, IT IS! I did make it as a chicken soup, using as I did, shredded chicken breast that I always have in the freezer! Also used a homemade chicken broth! Thanks for the new twist on a chicken soup! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]