Recipe by FreetoFeast
This pairs nicely with baked fish or other shellfish. I use extra light olive oil for its mild flavor
Top Review by UmmBinat
Very flavourful and pretty healthy ingredients although they are not properly food combined as per, http://www.breakfastatstefanies.com/images/food_combining.jpg. I used brown basmati rice, organic kiwi, less green onion, less garlic, light tasting extra virgin olive oil like the poster mentioned in the introduction, organic sugar (it can be cut down I think), less organic apple cider vinegar instead of red wine vinegar for religious reasons and to be healthier, sea salt, plus the rest of the ingredients. I sliced the orange to have no pith on it and squeezed the remaining juice into the final dish. Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game 2013.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 navel orange
- 4 kiwi fruits
- 1 bunch green onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook brown rice.
- Zest orange and put in a large mixing bowl.
- Slice orange, kiwi and green onions and add to bowl.
- Mince garlic and chop cilantro and add to bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, sugar and vinegar.
- Stir in rice and vinaigrette.
- Serve room temperature.